3.25.2012

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

...and also for the Lily Pad Flower challenge and the Moxie Fab World Household Items challenge (I used a sewing machine for the zipper). :)
Here is the inspiration photo for the blog hop...


So, I was mostly inspired by pretty blue because blue is my second favorite color (after neon green), plus, I don't have any good yellow ink. ;)


I made this under two hours - and for being the worlds slowest crafter (upcoming blog post about a card that took me a year to make), I think that's pretty amazing. ;)


The sentiment in the middle peels away (using a technique I posted about HERE and HERE) to reveal a happy birthday sentiment. Since I didn't want to ruin this card, as I'm sending it to a friend, I used some paper I tried the stamping on first to show you....(this mess is what I get for not testing out my ideas out on scrap paper first ;))



Ta-da! Instant zipper card!
Thanks so much for stopping in today, and have a blessed Sunday!


*************************************
Cardstock: LSS
Stamps: PTI 'Rosie Posie' and 'Mat Stack 1'
Ink: Ranger
Other: pearls (Recollection)
Tools: trimmer, adhesive, sewing machine, scissors,

17 comments:

  1. Love the cream and blue combination! Love the pearls on your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. Love how you cut the stripe with flowers on top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the way you created the zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you created your flower 'border'! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so soft, delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, this is such a fun design with the "zipper!" Beautiful, blue flowers too! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty CAS zipper card, love that you made your own! I love the flowers around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea to use the flowers to create a border! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and a great technique for the zipper card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! I seriously have to try the zipper technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful Clare. The pretty blue is gorgeous. Lovely idea with the zipper card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just delightful! Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. You've intigued me with the way you stamped the flower & cut it out. Love the pearls too. so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your homemade zipper - how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I just love that stamped border you created around the zipper die!! The rosie posies look great in blue :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)