2.09.2014

Chalkboard birthday

...I just love how the banner turned out for this one. ;)

Quickly posting this card for Papertrey Ink's birthday card challenge...


I used almost entirely scraps for this project, not even trimming most of them.
Oh, here's that pretty banner...


A little bit of detail sewing...


And, me and the card! Aren't we just totes adorbs together? lol
Oh, and the little camera knit object was made by my sister - supposedly to get children to smile for the camera, but my nephew never bought it. ;)


Thanks for stopping in!

*******************************
Cardstock: Strathamore, Bazzill
Patterned paper and die cut: Crate Paper
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Hero Arts "My Happy"
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz
Other: gems (Michaels), doily, embossing powder (Martha Stewart)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Circles dies, Papertrey Ink Simply Jane dies, heat gun

7 comments:

  1. How cut is this (and are you)? Love your darling design (the mixed background--wow) as always, Clare! Each detail is a delight (the stitching, banners, that wood-grain card stock)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like how you used the flower on the cameo...nice touch! Also like the zig-zaggy stitching!
    You and Elmo are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOOOVE this, Clare! I LOVE the papers and the borders and stitching... love that center circle with the silhouette! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! And your photo-- totally adorable! Super cute little piece for your camera to keep the kids smiling-- so sorry your nephew didn't buy into it! Maybe next time <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card...so many styles...yet..simple...and using up scraps is always great...and I have to admit something I rarely do...sweet photo of you and your card too...looking forward to seeing this again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat! Love the eclectic feel of this card. Brilliant combination of sets and awesome use of your scraps. And you look super cute smiling behind your camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out fabulous and oh is that selfie cute or what!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)