2.08.2014

Golden flowers

...just quickly popping in with two versions of a pin for Papertrey Inks 7 supplies challenge.

Here's my pin...


I didn't realize that this was longer than an A2 card until after the fact of making the two cards - now I wish I had slimmed them down, but I'm too tired to bother now. Maybe another time. ;)
Here's take one...


I almost feel embarrassed to even post this, but really, the gold looks so pretty in real life.
For my supplies, I used:
1. Cardstock
2. Ink
3. Embossing powder
4. Heat gun
5. Stamps
6. Cuttlebug
7. Dies
I was scrambling to mask the flower, looking for Post-Its at first, but then realized that would be an extra supply too many, so I had to use cardstock. It took several runs to get a decent impression, and by the time I finished it and the sentiment, I didn't have any time (or additional supplies) to add anything else.

I wasn't happy with it, so I gave it another go, and this one looks truer to the original pin...


I used Wink of Stella on this flower - I know it's supposed to be sorta subtle, but is Wink of Stella really supposed to be that subtle, or did I just get a bad pen?


Just so yinz know, I have a Pinterest - it has been a major source of inspiration for me lately, and usually helps kickstart my mojo, making me create outside my box. THIS board is where I have most of the pins that really strike me in one way or another, and the pin that inspired this post just went to THIS board, where I'm going to try and link up all the projects I made inspired by the particular pins. I'm trying to get things a little more organized, but I just thought you might like to see where I get a lot of inspiration. ;)

Thanks for stopping in!

******************************
Cardstock: Bazzill, Strathamore
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Delightful Dahlias" and "Mini Blooms", Hero Arts "Rose Background" and "Made With Love"
Ink: Versamark
Other: embossing powder (Hampton Art), Wink of Stella, pearls (Prima)

Tools: heat gun

3 comments:

  1. Clare you did and awesome job with both cards...I think I prefer the first one best...it just catches ne eye...I love pinterest for insperation...and will be checking out your board ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were inspired by your pin. I really like how the first one turned out, but then after seeing your second, I think I like it even better. They're both great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find both very lovely although the pretty pearls on the second one give it a special charm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)