4.09.2014

Thinking of You

...on this beautiful, sunshiney day!(in Ohio, anyways ;))

This card is for the CAS-ual Fridays Ovals challenge - the overall shape is oval shaped, so I hope that counts. ;)


Maybe someone who is particular knowledgeable when it comes to inks could tell my why the white pigment ink didn't attract the embossing powder?
But the Distress Ink actually did fairly well on the vellum - I was afraid it would just slip and smear when I tried stamping, but it held it's ground!...er, paper!


So, my sister and my mom weren't as fan of this...kinda disappointing, after all that stamping! Thus, I share it here with you in hopes you will be more merciful and appreciative of the work. ;)

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

**********************************
Cardstock: LSS
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Mini Blooms"
Ink: Papertrey Ink, Tim Holtz, Stazon
Other: gems (Michaels), embossing powder (Martha Stewart), vellum

Tools: heat gun

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty design Clare, I love the subtle stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty Claire. Thank you for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so SWEET
    Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got you an answer to your ink question, Clare - http://www.paperwishes.com/stamping101/articles/types-of-paper.html

    Apparently, you proved them right with your little lab experiment. Dye ink works, pigment ink, not so much. I learned something new from this, so I thank you!

    And, I LOVELOVELOVE every card you make (I subscribe via email), and I have a couple relatives like that, too. I can only say...their loss. I also love when you experiment cuz I do as well. So, carry on, dear Clare, I'm always appreciative. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)