10.12.2015

Real, Live Coloring // My Favorite Things

MIDTERMS ARE OVER!!
Life may now move onward.
Praise be.

Today's card is something a little new for me.
It features coloring.
Real, live, non-watercoloring coloring, folks.

I know, I never thought I'd see the day either.


I decided to make two "risky" purchases - a 36 set of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, and the My Favorite Things Harvest Mice stamp set.
These two were practically a match made in heaven, and I don't regret one cent of my "investments" (I have to call them investments since I'm a senior in college ;))

Anywho, I colored the FREAKING ADORABLE mouse with those lovely brush pens, and I am so. excited.
It's basically my first time coloring an image without using watercolors, and boy, am I loving it. Copics were way too intimidating (and expensive!) for me to get into, but these Zig's...man, I dig 'em.


I mentioned it on Instagram, but Melania Deasy was the one who twisted my arm into buying the stamp set and the window die. THIS card is definitely in one of my top five favorite cards of all time.

Now that I'm done raving about the pens and the stamps, this card is for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge 249.

Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Michaels, Canson
Patterned paper: Crate Paper Pretty Party
Stamps: My Favorite Things Harvest Mice and Perk Up
Ink: Versafine
Other: Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens, Glossy Accents, vellum, glitter tape (American Crafts)

Tools: Cuttlebug, My Favorite Things Harvest Mice and Boutique Window dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Border dies

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh this little mouse is so adorable! I love that scene you created on the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)