12.15.2016

Pinterest Inspired Watercolor // Hero Arts

Like many other wise crafters, when I'm in a creative rut, I turn to Pinterest, and that's where today's card came from.

This beautiful image was pinned by my friend Lisa, and I knew it would work perfectly with Hero Arts Ornaments Stamp and Cut set.


I stamped the ornaments in Versamark, heat embossed them in white, and then used my beloved ZIG markers to color in the ornaments. I then cut my panel down to size using the Rectangle Infinity dies.
I bought some gold thread at Walmart to "hang" my ornaments - I simply poked a hole through the top of the ornament, threaded the string, and taped it to the back of the panel (nobody sees, nobody knows ;))


I didn't want my pretty ornaments to be covered up, but I felt I need a strong sentiment to go with the pale colors, so I heat embossed my sentiment from Peace and Joy in gold on vellum. I die cut the sentiment using the Circle Infinity dies, then adhered my panel to my card base.

If you would like to see more Pinterest inspired cards from me, Pinterest now has a handy-dandy feature on user profiles. Just click the user profile (this link will take you directly mine), then click "tried" in the middle-ish right hand side.

Thanks so much for stopping in, and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson watercolor
Stamps: Hero Arts Ornaments Stamp and Cut and Peace and Joy
Ink: Versamark, Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Watercolour Brush Pens (Set Of 48 Colours)
Other: Hero Arts white and gold embossing powder, gold thread, vellum

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Rectangle Infinity dies and Circle Infinity dies,, water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)